There are multiple kinds of classification of ball valves. According to assembling way of ball valve stem, they are divided into top entry ball valve and side entry ball valve. Today, we are going to talk about side entry ball valves.
1. What is a Side Entry Ball Valve?
Side entry ball valves refer to the valves that its ball enter from the side during assembling process and they are the most common type of ball valves. It usually consists of two or three parts assembled by a bolt or stud like flange connection for each part of the valve body. Usually side entry ball valves are made from forge metal. Each piece of body are forged and then assembled together. This construction will minimize a defect that causing from a casting valves. Side entry ball valves are also easy to assemble and the trim component are also easy to align.
2. Advantages of the Side Entry Ball Valve
(1) The shutoffs provide much superior ease of the operations
(2) They constantly attempt to regulate as well as preserve high pressure, high quantity, and circulation in heat.
(3) They supply sturdy construction and also a resilient service lifeline.
(4) It includes extremely low maintenance expense and they are additionally readily available at really small cost.
(5) They can function without any side lots.
(6) Ball valves allow inspections, they can fix collections and seals without removing the shutoffs body from the line.
(7) The best part of a side entry sort of valve is that it does not call for any type of kind of lubrication to work at its ideal.
3. Range of Materials
Standard body/bonnet materials include nine grades of carbon, low alloy and stainless steel, for special applications they can be supplied in other grades of ally and stainless steel, there’s a full range of trim materials to match any service optional packing and gasket materials are available for a full range of service conditions.
4. Applications of Side Entry Ball Valves
(1) Side entry ball valves are used in refineries. These valves have been used for isolation and shut-off of thermal cracking units and tower bottom lines, oil and gas separation lines, measuring of gas distribution, pressure regulation, and metering, oil loading control, compressor and pumping stations, refining units among others.
(2) The side entry ball valve is used in petrochemical and chemical complexes for controlling low differential pressure, controlling emissions, handling high viscous fluids, control the flow of abrasive slurries among others.
(3) Side entry ball valves are used in power generation. These valves are used to control boiler feed water, to control and turn off steam, among others.
(4) They are used in the production of oil and gas. Side entry ball valves are used in shut-down facilities, control of pipeline serge, and isolation of oil-head, storage, processing separation, distribution, and transmission among others.
(5) They are used in the paper and pulp industries. Side entry ball valves have been used as shut-off valves, control of liquor circulation and fill, control of lime mud, control of dilution water, control flow in mill digesters in pulp production among others.
(6) Side entry ball valves are used to control water transport.
(7) They are used in the control of solids in marine transport and the food and beverages industries.
The side entry ball valve is a ball valve whereby a ball is assembled from the inner part. Side entry valve is the most widely used ball valve and can be used in a wide range of fields.