Inconel is a kind of ferro-nickel-based alloy, which has excellent high temperature oxidation resistance, repeated heating and cooling is not embrittlement, can strengthen high temperature through heat treatment, can be used to make high temperature working elements.
The Inconel Ball Valve
Commonly Used Brand:
Common brands: Inconel600 601, Inconel600625, Incoloy800, Incoloy825, etc.
Its products can be customized according to customer requirements.
An alloy consisting of nickel based addition of other elements. The Monel alloy produced around 1905, containing about 30% copper, is an earlier nickel alloy.
The Monel Ball Valve
Nickel has good mechanical, physical and chemical properties. Adding appropriate elements can improve its oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, high temperature strength and some physical properties. Nickel alloy can be used as materials for electrical pipe, precision alloy (magnetic alloy, precision resistance alloy, electrothermal alloy, etc.), nickel-based superalloy, nickel-based corrosion resistance alloy and shape memory alloy, etc. Nickel alloy is widely used in energy development, chemical industry, electronics, navigation, aviation and aerospace.
The Nickel Plated Ball Valve
ZJCLV specializes in the production of various valves. We have ball valve, check valve, globe valve, butterfly valve, gate valve and flange.
1. Low-temperature materials
Plastic and elastic parts are not suitable for temperatures below -180 ° c. In this temperature range, packing and spool sealing elements need special consideration, can no longer use soft seal (soft seal will be hard and lack of flexibility, cannot provide good cutting ability). Cryogenic valves at this temperature use special elastic materials and require special loads to provide good cutting.
2. Packing seal should pay attention to the problem
At low temperatures, moisture in the atmosphere condenses at temperatures below freezing, creating a layer of frost. If frost forms on the stem surface, when the stem is driven up and down by the actuator, this frost may be pulled into the packing and cause a tear, thereby damaging the seal. Therefore, cryogenic valves should have an elongated upper bonnet to keep the regulator stuffing box area away from the cryogenic area and to prevent frost forming in the stem and stuffing box area.
ZJCLV factory, like many other cryogenic ball valves manufacturers, specializing in the production of various valves, ball valves, globe valves, check valves, gate valves, butterfly valve flange and so on. For more information of ZJCLV, click on the website: www.clvvalve.com.
The application of ceramic materials to industrial valves is a bold and beneficial innovation. Ceramic materials have little deformation and much higher binding strength than metal materials. Generally speaking, the crystal ion radius of ceramic materials is small, and the ion electricity price is high and the coordination number is large. These properties determine the tensile strength, compressive strength, elastic modulus and hardness of ceramic materials are very high. Ceramic itself, however, “brittle” and difficult processing limits its scope of application of recent decades, due to the martensitic phase transformation toughening technology, composite material science and technology development and progress of the concept of nanometer ceramics made of pottery and porcelain “brittle” has been greatly improved, the toughness and strength has been greatly improved, expanding application range.
New ceramic materials in the petroleum, chemical, mechanical and other fields of application is very active, using ceramic wear resistance, corrosion resistance to make wear resistant parts instead of metal materials, is one of the important development direction of high-tech materials market in recent years.
Ball valves can be defined as the opening and closing member (ball) driven by the stem, and rotational movement around the axis of the ball valve valve. They can also be used for fluid regulation and control. The hard-sealed V-ball valve has a strong shear force between the V-ball core and the metal seat of the welded carbide, especially suitable for media containing fibers, tiny solid particles, etc.. While the multi-way ball valves in the pipeline not only can flexibly control the media merging, diverging, and switching of flow direction, but also can close any channel and connect the other two channels. This type of valve in the pipeline should generally be installed horizontally. Ball valves is divided into: pneumatic ball valves, electric ball valves and manual ball valves according to the drive mode.
In a half-open state, one end of the valve introduced into test media, and the other end is closed; Turn the ball several times, then check the closed end of valve in the state of closing, as well as the packing and gasket sealing performance preventing from leakage. Then introduces the test medium from the other end, repeating the above test.
Rotate ball in the closing state several times before the test, introducing the test medium to the specified value from one end; use the pressure gauge (accuracy 0.5 ~ 1 level) to check the sealing performance of the introduction end, with the range of the test pressure 1.5 times. In the specified time, it is qualified without phenomenon of pressure drop; and then introduce the test medium from the other end, repeating the above test. Then, put the valve in a half-open state with both ends closed and the cavity filled with media, checking the packing and gasket at the test pressure without leakage.
Check valves are automatically opened and closed by the force which is generated by the flow of the medium in the pipeline. Check valves used for pipeline system prevent the backflow of media, the pump and drive motor reversal, as well as the release of container media. They can also be used to provide recharge to the auxiliary system in which the pressure may rise above the system pressure, which mainly can be divided into rotary (rotating according to the center of gravity) and lift (moving along the axis).
The opening and closing part as circular valve disc relies on its own weight and medium pressure to produce action to block the backflow of the medium.
Scope of Application
Fire pump discharge pipe, high level fire water tank discharge pipe, pressure stabilization pump discharge pipe, pump splicer and other locations.
Supplementary note: It includes the anechoic check valve and water hammer elimination check valve. Measures are set up inside the valve body to reduce the sound of the valve flap impact when the valve is closed and eliminate water hammer.
Check Valve Pressure Test Method
Check Valve Test State
The disc axis of lift check valve is vertical, while swing check valve channel axis and disc axis in a position approximately parallel to the horizontal line.
When strength test, the introduction of test media from the inlet end to the specified value, the other end closed, make sure the valve body and valve cover no leakage for qualified.
Introduce test media from the outlet side at the inlet end to check the sealing surface, packing and gasket at no leakage for qualified.
The valve body has a wide range of materials, suitable for a variety of different working conditions.
1) Grey cast iron, suitable for working temperature between -15~+200℃, nominal pressure PN≤1.6MPa of low pressure valve.
2) Black heart malleable cast iron, applicable to the working temperature between -15~+250℃, nominal pressure PN≤2.5MPa for low and medium pressure valves.
3) Ductile iron, applicable to the working temperature between -30 ~ +350 ℃, the nominal pressure PN ≤ 4.0MPa low pressure valves.
4) Carbon steel (WCA, WCB, WCC), applicable to the working temperature between -29 ~ +425 ℃, medium and high pressure valves, including 16Mn, 30Mn working temperature between -40 ~ +450 ℃, commonly used to replace the ASTMA105.
The WCB Ball Valve
5) Low-temperature carbon steel (LCB、LC1、LC2、LC3), suitable for the working temperature between -46 ~ +345 ℃ low-temperature valve valve.
6) Alloy steel (WC6, WC9), applicable to the working temperature between -29 ~ +595 ℃ non-corrosive media of high temperature and high pressure valves; WC5, WC12 applicable to the working temperature between -29 ~ +650 ℃ corrosive media of high temperature and high pressure valves.
7) Austenitic stainless steel, suitable for the working temperature between -196 ~ +600 ℃ corrosive media valves.
8) Monel alloy, mainly for valves containing hydrogen fluoride media.
The Monel Ball Valve
9) Cast copper alloy, mainly for the working temperature between -273 ~ +200 ℃ oxygen pipeline with the valve.
The above list is the commonly used materials of valve body in the major categories, specific materials in each category. There are many different grades, a variety of different grades and applicable to a variety of different pressure levels. Therefore, in the selection of valve body materials, according to the different usage and pressure levels, to determine the valve body materials suitable for the needs of the working conditions.
In addition, the valve body materials are titanium alloy (titanium valve), aluminum alloy (aluminum valve); plastic (plastic valve); ceramic (ceramic valve) and so on.
The 3-way ball valve has three-way ball valve appearance with two sealed seats.It has beautiful appearance, compact and reasonable structure as well as good sealing performance,like ZJCLV three way ball valve.What’s more,it can realize the switch of medium flow direction in the pipeline, which can also connect or close the mutual vertical and two channels.
3 Inch 3 Way Ball Valve
According to the different design of the ball flow channel, the 3-way ball valve is divided into L port and T port.
1) L Port Ball Valve
L port 3-way ball valve can connect two mutually orthogonal pipeline. But it can not keep the third pipeline interconnection, and only play a distribution role. The flow path of three-way 4-sided valve seat ball valve uses a 2-sided valve seat, which mainly used for flow path reversal.
2) T Port Ball Valve
T Port ball valve is a tool that enables two other channels to be connected and flexibly controls the merging or diverging of media in the pipeline.It can make three orthogonal pipeline interconnection and cut off the third channel, and play a diversion, merging role. The flow path of 3-way 4-sided seat ball valve uses a 4-sided seat and balanced forces to ensure reliable sealing on the closed channel. And it is mainly used for diversion, mixing, directional and complete opening of three channels.
3）Working Principle of 3-Way Ball Valves
A. The opening process
1. In the closed position, the ball is pressed tightly on the valve seat by the mechanical pressure of the valve stem.
2.When the handwheel is turned counterclockwise, the valve stem moves in the opposite direction, and the angular plane at its bottom makes the ball release the valve seat.
3.The stem continues to lift and interact with the guide pin in the spiral groove of the stem so that the ball starts to rotate without friction.
4.Until it reaches the fully open position, the valve stem is lifted to the limit position and the ball rotates to the fully open position.
B. The closing process
1.When closing, turn the handwheel clockwise, the valve stem starts to descend and make the ball leave the seat and start to rotate.
2.When continue to rotate the handwheel, the valve stem by the role of the guide pin is embedded in its spiral groove, so that the stem and the ball at the same time rotate 90 °, at this time the ball and the valve seat don’t contact.
3.Finally, the angular plane at the bottom of the stem mechanically wedges against the ball to press it tightly against the seat to achieve complete sealing.
Fully welded ball valves are fully welded with forged bodies that reduce weight and increase strength. They connect and close the flow of media in many different piping systems. Because the valve seat is composed of carbonized teflon sealing ring and disc spring, the fully welded ball valve has strong adaptability to pressure and temperature changes.
They are widely used in various fields. Its superior quality and high performance stability is far better than the ordinary cast steel ball valves, and its service life is far greater than the cast steel ball valve. And fully welded ball valves are commonly used in city gas, urban heating, petrochemical, shipbuilding, steel, pressure regulating stations, power plants and other types of pipeline equipment.
1) The fully welded ball valve is made of carbon steel seamless steel pipe to press and form an integral welded ball valve, which can withstand frequent operations in the presence of impurities and chemical substances. Thus it also has a long service life.
2) No need of maintenance, adjustment and lubrication, easy to install, long-term reliable operation with low operating cost. The surface is treated with plastic spraying technology, and the gloss is beautiful. The valve body is of welded construction, so the valve is light and easy to insulate. It is convenient to install the adjustment mechanism, and the operating handle can be removed for reversing installation.
3)The seal adopts carbon reinforced PTFE inclined surface elastic sealing ring with negative pressure on the spherical surface, so that the seal is of zero leakage and long service life.
4) Adopt the floating ball for fully-welded ball valves, and the elasticity of the inclined plane ensures that the sealing ring is tightly pressed on the sphere, and the valve can be guaranteed to be tight in time when the pressure is unstable.
5)The valve is compact in structure, light in weight.
6) The anti-leakage structure of the fully welded ball valve stem uses two “o” rings, which make the stem rotate freely and the seal tightly.
7) The stem of the welded ball valve can be lengthened, which is easy to keep warm.
1) City gas: gas output pipeline, main line and branch line supply pipeline, etc.
2) Central heating: output pipelines, main lines and branch lines of large heating equipment.
3) Heat exchanger: open and close pipes and circuits.
4) Steel plants: various fluid pipelines, exhaust gas discharge pipelines, gas and heat supply pipelines, fuel supply pipelines.
5) Various industrial equipment: various heat treatment pipes, various industrial gas and heat pipes.
Although the initial cost of the fully welded ball valve is high, it does not require maintenance and has a long life, which leads to its low overall cost. Besides, it also has good airtightness and is easy to operate. These advantages make it used in a wide range of industries. If you want to know more about valves, please contact us. We can provide you with ball valve weight chart and so on.
Some people say that forged ball valves are durable and perform good sealing. While some people say that cast ball valves are low cost, which can be mass-produced quickly, meeting the requirements of most working environments. But which ball valve is better in fact? Today’s article will explain it for you.
Forging is a material technological process that uses forging machinery applying pressure to metal blanks, aiming to produce plastic deformation to obtain mechanical properties, certain shape and size. While forging metals, it is necessary to exceed the elasticity limit but not the strength limit. Therefore, ductile materials are suitable for forging, which means materials that have those two limits sufficiently far apart. Forging methods includes rolling (sheet metal), forging, drawing, extrusion.
Types of Forging
1.According to the temperature of the workpiece during processing, forging can be divided into: hot forging, warm forging and cold forging.
2.According to the tools used for forming, it is divided into free forging and die forging.
3.According to whether the forging are with flash, it is divided into open forging and closed forging.
Forged Ball Valves
Forging ball valve uses forging machinery to apply pressure to metal blanks, causing plastic deformation to obtain forgings with certain mechanical properties, shape and size. Forging and stamping are both plastic processing, both means forging.They are generally used in pipelines with high grades. The diameter is relatively small, generally below DN50. And the pressure is high, such as forged ball valves, usually the highest pressure of his forged ball valves to 4500LB. Among forged ball valves, forged steel ball valves are more common.
Casting is a method of producing various objects by pouring liquid (molted) metal (steel), or another liquid or suspension capable of solidifying into the mold of the required shape. Casting is primarily suitabe for products with complicated shapes, which cannot be produced by a different method, or made in complicated or expensive way (e.g., by machining or welding). After pouring the steel into the mold, the liquid steel immediately contact with the cold wall, which decreases the temperature of the steel and its crystallization. The casting temperature, for example of carbon steel, is around 1 450 °C.
Casting Ball Valves
Cast ball valves are produced when the steel is put into the furnace for melting, and then formed by casting. Generally, the pressure level of cast ball valves is relatively low, such as PN16, PN25, PN40. But there are also high pressure ones, which can reach 1500Lb, 2500Lb. And most of the calibers are above DN50.
The Differences Between Forged Ball Valves and Cast Ball Valves
1. The compactness of the forged ball valve is relatively good. Owing to the complicated flow channel and appearance, it is impossible to form at one time. And it often needs to be modularized, forged separately, welded together. so the size of the forging is limited to a certain extent.
2. Moreover, forgings usually cannot produce flexible streamlined runners. The runners are machined by turning. And many sharp corners are formed inside, which can easily lead to uneven stress and cracking. In the modular welded design, the seat diameter of the forged valve is relatively fixed, and in some valve sizes, the diameter is relatively small, affecting flow.
3. Because of the limitation of large valve forging process, in order to save cost, many manufacturers usually adopt the structure of valve body center casting and both ends forging, so no matter casting or forging, there may be product defects during processing.
4. Casting ball valves can be cast into large diameter ball valves, and castings have higher requirements on the casting process. They can be made into more complex shapes. For valve body structure and irregular flow channel, casting can be formed at one time. Therefore, the large diameter valve body can be cast with high technology level.
5. The main defects of cast ball valves are trachoma, bubbles. While the main defects of forgings are large grains, chill phenomenon, cracks. In order to produce qualified products, the castings need heat treatment to eliminate the stress in the casting process. And at the same time, run test with different inspection methods such as X-ray, magnetic particle inspection, and penetrant inspection. Besides, it is necessary to carry out strict heat treatment and corresponding inspection of the weld to forgings. Usually, ultrasonic inspection is required to ensure the quality of the product.
6. Cast ball valves are used for large balloon valves (DN50 – 6.4MP). And forged ball valves should be used for those above DN50 and 6.4MP. For ball valves above DN50 and pressure above 6.4MP, forged ball valves can be used.
ZJCLV, a valve manufacturer producing qualified products. Contact us for more details like ball valve catalogue pdf if you are interested.