The body is used to protect the ceramic trim. Compared to other materials such as steel, ceramic ball valves are lighter and more wear-resistant. Ceramic ball valves have excellent resistance of corrosion and wear.
How Does it work?
Similar with the ordinary ball valves, they are both used to turn on and off fluid flow. The ball is connected to the valve handle or actuator through the valve stem. And it is responsible for closing and opening the flow of fluid through the valve. The fluid flows through the ceramic ball valve through the ball hole. To activate the ceramic ball valve, turn it 90 degrees counterclockwise. The stem and ball rotate at the same 90 degree angle. When the ball is rotated through a 90-degree angle, the ball hole is aligned with the pipe. This allows fluid to flow through the ceramic ball valve, which is open. To close the ceramic ball valve, turn the handle clockwise so that the ball hole is turned and perpendicular to the pipe, preventing fluid flow.
1) The thickness of the valve shell exceeds the standard data requirements of national standards GB, JB and American standard ANSI. The chemical elements and mechanical properties of the main material meet the requirements of national standards. The three-section structure of the shell is designed, the body is sturdy and the appearance is beautiful.
2) The chemical elements of the valve stem material meet the requirements of the national standard, finely ground, and the surface is treated with anti-corrosion nitriding, quenching and tempering. Ensure that the valve stem has good mechanical properties and corrosion resistance.
3)Built-in buffer compensation elastic gasket to ensure stable and good sealing. In the medium containing impurities, it is not easy to get stuck and cause the ball to break.
4)It has resistance of high wear and high temperature, excellent anti-oxidation and corrosion resistance, and good thermal insulation performance.
5) Manufacture with precise grinding technology and advanced equipment. With smooth flow channel, it’s structure is simple, and the medium flow resistance is small. The hard-sealed ceramic internal parts are composed of six scientific and reasonable designs. The ball and seat are contacted and processed, so that the inner R and outer R of the ball and the seat are closely combined. The ball has high precision, good quality, and light torque of the whole valve. The resistance is small, and the sealing performance reaches zero leakage.
1) The ball is manufactured by advanced grinding equipment and technology, with high precision of spherical roundness, good surface quality and good sealing performance.
2) Ceramics valves are durable and high reliable. Its long service life is 2-4 times that of titanium alloy valves and Monel valves.
3) For high-hardness granular media, or media with soft particles but corrosion, this type of valve has unparalleled absolute advantages. It is the only valve suitable for this type of media.
4) The ceramic valve uses high-tech new ceramic structural materials to make the sealing parts and vulnerable parts of the valve, which greatly prolongs the service life of the valve.
5) The use of ceramic valves can greatly reduce the number of valve maintenance and replacement, improve the safety and stability of the supporting equipment operating system, and save equipment repair costs.
6) The raw materials for making ceramics are extensive and the cost is low. Common elements such as aluminum, carbon, and silicon can be used to manufacture ceramic materials with superior performance, which can save a lot of metal materials and rare mineral resources.
1) May cause overvoltage and hammering problems.
2) The internal parts of the ceramic ball valve have low toughness and are easily damaged.
3) Not suitable for throttling applications.
It can be used in thermal power plants, steel, petroleum, chemical, paper, biological engineering, and other industries. It is suitable for conveying boiler steam, lime slurry, seawater containing particles, high hardness particles, corrosive media containing soft particles, powder, flue gas desulfurization, ash discharge, slag discharge, and water supply treatment. The material can be changed according to the purpose, and it can be used in different temperatures and media. Ceramic ball valves are widely used in power plant desulfurization systems, washing and beneficiation systems, fluid flow control systems, chemical industry and other strong corrosion occasions.
Ceramic ball valves have long life and corrosion resistance, which is an excellent choice in certain occasions. It has high strength but poor toughness. All in all, it’s an excellent valve. If you want to know more about valves, please contact us, we can provide you with ball valve data sheet, ball valve cad drawing and so on.